Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Sideways Stories from Wayside School (Wayside School #1)

 

By: Louis Sachar
Release Date: June 1st 1998 (first published 1978)
Publisher: HarperCollins
Series:Wayside School
Rating: 2 out 5

 Sideways Stories from Wayside School contain thirty stories about the children and teachers at Wayside School. Someone accidentally built the school sideways, with one classroom on each story. So there thirty stories are strange and silly.

 

 

As an adult, I just can’t figure out what I ever saw in it. I was so shocked at its stupidity, I actually wanted to stop reading it. Since it is pretty short, though, I finished it. The continuous attempts at humor, too driven and full of being mean and disrespectful to others.


Whilst I understand the main point of the book, I just don’t find these stories acceptable reading when they seem to encourage kids to be bad or disrespectful. I appreciate that it’s not my sort of book and that maybe this is a fun read for some kids who might not otherwise read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theodora: Actress, Empress, Whore (Empress Theodora #1)

Theodora: Actress, Empress, Whore By: Stella Duffy Release Date: September 27, 2011 Publisher: Penguin Group Series: Empress Theodora Ra...